Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Book finds





I'm visiting the US right now and
I'm having a ball visiting bookstores and libraries!
These are a few books that jumped out at me
just because of the illustrations.


Hedgehog, Pig and Sweet Little Friend is so adorable. I have a thing for pigs. If I am doodling and not thinking about it I guarantee you a pig will pop on my sketchbook, no doubt. Lena Anderson's style is so darling. Soft and cute without being overly sweet I think.
She makes sure to have tons of great details
for the kid to find in the book. I love that.





Blue Bowl Down is just striking. I think the illustrations are gorgeous. Looks like cut paper but with the richest textures. The colors really pop in this book. Holly Meade did a beautiful job.






Do I need to say anything about Edwin? LOL!
Look at that face.. and those tiny teeth! Edwin Speaks Up is one of the cutest books out now. I love Sophie Blackall. Super talented, she can go from cute and sweet to more sophisticated without loosing her style. She has a blog too if you want to check it out.


I'll be on the lookout for more adorable books to share with you all.




No comments: