Thursday, July 12, 2012

Jaime Zollars

Baltimore Illustrator Jaime Zollars is one of my favorites. Even after lots of time has passed, I will find myself reminded of Jaime's work for whatever reason and I'll Google her name to see what she's been up to. This year, it looks like Jaime redesigned her web site. She's got a LOT of work up, in the many genres she works in, all neatly organized and thoughtfully categorized. In fact, you'd never know what an art treasure trove lies under the surface of the site, judging by the simple, clean design. The Gallery, Print and Fun pages each have several subsections detailing specific genres and/or projects (and of course children's books is in there!). She's also got a tour of her Baltimore studio (what person, artist or not, doesn't enjoy peeking into another artists' studio?) There is a blog too which is part of the overall new site. I'd be remiss if I did not mention her old blog as well, which is off-the-grid now, but it's findable by Googling. Check out some of her other assignment work here --much of it for children's market. Look, I'm not even mentioning all of the goodies she has for you. Check out her site for yourself. It's full of goodies... speacking of goodies, she also has a shop-- so check that out, too. :D

3 comments:

Julie Clay Illustration said...

Stunning work, thank-you for showing this talented artist.

Tiffany Strelitz Haber said...

Wow. The first thing I clicked on on her site, was "Drawings". They are absolutely breathtaking. What a talent.

Steve A said...

Beautiful.