Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What I'm working on



© copyright Alicia Padrón 2012


Here is a little peak at the book I've been working on.
It's the sweetest book ever!
There is something so adorable about baby animals, I've been sketching with a constant smile on my face.

I've always been an animal person. Ever since I can remember I've hugged and held all sorts of animals in my hands.

I helped my dad raise ducks from incubators and always had a duck on my lap when doing my school homework.
Like that movie Fly Away Home,
I was like Anna Paquin but without all the flying involved. ;o)

I was the kid who would save baby birds that fell from nests and helped them recover although sadly not all of them made it. But some did and that certainly made all the hard work worth while.

The thought of being a veterinarian crossed my mind at some point when growing up but when I realized that an animal could die on me, I just let go of the idea.
Too much to handle for this softy heart. Hee hee..


6 comments:

Priscilla Burris said...

SO sweet and precious! love to hear you are sketching with a constant smile on your face!! =)

Lynn Alpert said...

Your illustrations always make me smile - so I'm not surprised you smile while sketching them. That baby pig is so adorable!

Gina Perry said...

Sweet, sweet piggies. I can't wait to see this lovely book.

Alicia Padrón said...

Thanks Priscilla! I am really loving it :o)

Aww thank you so much Lynn! :o)


Hee.. thanks Ggina! And I can't wait to send a copy to M and P. :o)

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

So cute these wonderful pigs :)

Alicia Padrón said...

Gracias Little Green Doll! Me encanta tu avatar.. muy cuchi :o)