Thursday, July 14, 2011

What We're Reading

Thankfully, I've been able to return to the library more often lately, so our book shelf is getting some good rotations again. Here's what makes our stacks lately:
Babybug and High Five magazines: Awesome content, and good for those short-attention-span moments. A 2 year old has so many of those. The bonus to the High Five was watching my boy slam-dunk his way through hidden pictures. I even have a hard time with those. Ah, to have young eyes again. But it also made me think about submitting one, as a 'smaller' project I could handle.

Max and Ruby books, Rosemary Wells: I can't say that I'm the biggest fan of this series. But I'm not the reader. It's another case of a TV show inspiring a trip to the library, and for that I'm buying into it.

The Giving Tree, Shel Silverstein: We're going to have to try this one again when my son is older. He seemed a little TOO effected by it. It really is a sad, albeit moving, story.

The Loud Book. Deborah Underwood, ill. by Renata Liwska: How could you NOT love this book. It's gorgeous, layered, and perfect for adding sound effects. It's good for many, many reads.

Oh, and here's my progress on my little painting from a few weeks back. Yes, it's THAT slow around here!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Gina, I feel the same about The Giving Tree! It's just sooooo sad. Even now, it still gets to me. That book has scarred me for life!

Gina Perry said...

Oh, sorry for the scarring. I could just feel the air change around him as the boy aged. I tried to point out that they were both happy in the end but... poor stumpy giving tree. :(