Thursday, June 16, 2011

Beautiful Kids Apps

We've built up a small collection of kid's apps on our family iPad. It's just as tempting for me to buy new apps as it is to buy beautiful children's books. With the bonus that they occupy my busy 2 year old while I juggle my now 1 month old newborn. Here are two recent favorites!

Puzzld: Illustrations by Jacob Souva. App by WindupRocket
Gorgeous puzzles, really fun music that changes for each screen. As media rich as it gets for an iPad!
Shake and Make: Illustrations by Ed Emberley, App by Night & Day Studios
This app is chock full of Ed Emberley's classic work. You definitely get your money's worth from the size and play length. It's designed for the iPhone, but works pretty well on our iPad, and scales up decently.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

This is so cool. I love Jacob's art. I will definitely check this out... Thanks Gina!