Monday, January 3, 2011

Children's books about the seasons of the year

Four Seasons Make a Year
The beginning of the new year reminds me of my book The Months, which features a spread for every month of the year. It got me to thinking about what other picture books are out there that feature the seasons of the year? I am particularly interested in books which feature ALL of the months of the year, like The Months does, not just one particular season. I found this blog post which talks about four such books. I also found some other books worth checking out, all with the same theme.

I haven't looked at any of these books yet but I thought I'd post a list of the books I found, in case you would like to look for them yourself on your next visit to the library!

•Skip Through the Seasons by Stella Blackstone

•Around the Year by Elsa Beskow

•Around the Year by Tasha Tudor

•Circle of Seasons by Gerda Muller

•Our Seasons by Grace Lin

•Four Seasons Make A Year by Anne Rockwell/ Illustrated by Megan Halsey

...and lastly, here is a link to my book about the seasons of the year,


•The Months, Fun With Friends All Year 'Round
,  by Sara Coleridge and illustrated by yours truly!

I hope you enjoy these books with your young one, or by yourself!






1 comment:

martinealison said...

Très jolie présentation que la couverture de votre livre...
Bisous