Thursday, October 21, 2010

Knick Knack Paddy Whack


My son and I have just started to enjoy books with CDs. Luckily, Knick Knack Paddy Whack is not only illustrated beautifully by Christiane Engel, but the music by 'SteveSongs' is fun and catchy. Children's music can often be hard for parents, especially when played over and over, but this grows more on me each time. As a book set I love the layers of learning to be had - counting to 10, learning the instruments visually and audibly, and of course, the song itself.

I've admired Christiane Engel's work for a long time. She has a great blog, website, etsy shop, and some gorgeous free wallpapers. I got lost for a long time looking at her work. I enjoyed this interview on Pikaland. I love her traditional/digital style for children's work and also her oil pastel/digital? style for editorial. It's all beautiful, but quite different, as the subject dictates.

2 comments:

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

I love this Gina!

This is all new to me. I love Christiane's work, wow! Very fresh, stylish and fun. And you are right the music is pretty good actually. I'll go ahead and hit play once more and listen to it while I do my email rounds for the morning. Hee...

Great post Gina!

Katie Wall said...

This is very sweet and beautifully done. I've just discovered Christiane's website too - a nice find!