Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Love for reading


I think something magical happens when we read to our kids.
Not only it's a bonding experience but it's the seed to an amazing thing to come.

I started reading to both my kids when they were 4 months old. Every night I would have soapy clean kids in their pajamas anxiously waiting to get in bed for me to read a book. This is where the beauty and power of pictures in picture books comes to play. That's how kids "read" at an age when they are too young to actually read the words.

My kids are much older now and read on their own but they still read every-single-night.

The love for reading is still there even if I'm not around.
Got to love that. :o)

Speaking of reading to little ones, I am giving away a copy of one of my toddler board books. Hop over to my blog if you want to participate.


3 comments:

roz said...

I hope I win one of your adorable books but even if I don't I have it on my amazon wish list. =o) You know with how technology is changing things by leaps and bounds, nothing can truly replace the time with your kids with a good book. =o)

roz said...

BTW, adorable illustration. Love the sepia tones!

Alicia Padrón said...

So true Rozzie!

And thank youuuu xo