Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Risky Business

I created this illustration when I was still working in gouache/pencil.
My nephew was only a few years old at the time and decided our fish needed a snack. Yum, doggy biscuits. Risky business indeed!

Seriously though, trusting my instincts continues to be my source of "risky business".
I don't know why that is. It took me forever to take the risk of illustrating 3 dimensionally although my gut had been telling me to do it for a long time.

There is a saying that I heard years ago that has helped me greatly..

"Do it afraid."

Sometimes, if we wait until we are ready to take that risk, we never will.
Just do it. Do it afraid.

3 comments:

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

awww love this Roz! Both the illo and your message. I like it! Do it afraid! What a wonderful advice.. I'll remember it.. a lot :o)

roz said...

Thanks, Alicia!
It's gotten me through a lot.
Even things like going to the dentist. hahaha!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful...what a great illustration and neat to see. I don't know if I've ever seen a color piece of your 2d illustration before. I must have as some point, but it's still refreshing to see!

I love your motto!! It's SO true!! If I was ever going to get a tattoo, that would be a great saying to be stuck with. :) I've no plans to get a tattoo, but I am "tattooing" that quote in my mind. Thanks for the gift!!