Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Weekly Theme - "Favorite Supplies"


One for the money...
Linoleum cutter, couldn't work without it.

Two for the show...
My two favorite carving surfaces are Golden Linoleum and Softoleum.
Golden offers great line quality, detail and will print many times. Softoleum cuts like butta, doesn't crumble and has a very nice printing surface.

Three to get ready...
My favorite paper is vellum from the scrapbook section at Michaels. This is for work that is 12 x 12 or under. Larger sheets can be found at art supply stores.

And four to go...
Holbein oil pastels. I prefer open stock so that I can pick my favorite colors. They go on smooth, offer a thick surface to add texture and come in all my favorite colors.

Want to see the step by step process of printmaking? Here you go.

No comments: