Thursday, April 25, 2013

About Me



It's always a good day when you get new postcards in the mail, right? I think I'm extra-excited about these. The girl and scene are from my latest picture book dummy. I started writing the story in a waiting room a few years ago. It started out about ME, about being small. It is called, simply enough: I Am Small. More on this later...

Right before I picked these up off the front porch I updated a bit of my website. I rewrote my biography to reflect ME a bit more. I even included a favorite picture of myself - not the posed picture I used in a recent interview - something more ME. I updated the splash page to reflect art that is more ME lately - a newer style that combines sketchiness and controlled gouache painting.

I posted this over at my personal blog too. I don't usually cross-post, but given the nature of things, it felt right.

2 comments:

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Just went for a visit and your website is looking great sweetie! I love your new pic.. LOL ;o)

And this postcard turned out just wonderful and eye grabber for sure! I just know it will end up pinned up in many places. Good luck Ggina!!

Gina Perry said...

Oh, thanks Ali. I hope so too!!!