Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Shopping

Are you looking for a great gift to buy your favorite illustrator? (Like maybe you???) The Art of Peter de Seve is one of my all time favorite books. I purchased it for myself earlier this year and find inspiration (and major envy!) in every page. 

Peter de Seve is a prolific artist, probably most known for covers of the New Yorker Magazine and character design in numerous animated films, including the Ice Age series. This guy designed my
favorite character of all time, Scrat...:)


And this image from the cover of the New Yorker.....I still have this one in my inspiration file of art that I've collected over the years.

Click onto the Peter de Seve website to see so much of his art and process. He has a store!


3 comments:

Nancy A said...

I know what I am putting on my Christmas list.
What a great book!

Deb said...

You will love it Nancy!

Unknown said...

Wow, Thanks Deb. I love his New Yorker stuff but I never knew his name! Thanks for sharing this! I must check out this book.