Thursday, June 21, 2012

A homemade coloring book

This weekend I will be spending extended time with my little four-year-old friend Solveig. I like to make gifts for Solveig. This weekend, she will have a big surprise— a homemade coloring book!

inside cover and first coloring picture
I decided to do a ballet theme for her book, since she has recently been enrolled in ballet classes.

The front cover is a color print, as is the back cover and the inside front and back covers. I happened to have extra prints which thematically worked very well to decorate all sides of the book covers!
an inside page
I put a couple pieces of plain paper in between each coloring page. This is because I used regular-weight printer paper, and I am packaging the book with both markers as well as crayons so if there is any seeping through, the extra pages will protect the next coloring page with room to spare.

I'll let you know how the gift goes over! :D


>Additional images and coloring book story on my blog.

4 comments:

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Aww this is the best gift ever!! She will adore it for sure Kath! :o)

Deb said...

super cute kathy!!

Ann Pilicer said...

What a fantastic idea! I am sure she will just love the gift! :D

Gina Perry said...

Super awesome gift, Kathy!