Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Little Bear- Maurice Sendak RIP



Maurice Sendak  1928- May 2012  

Maurice Sendak is best known for “Where the Wild Things Are” but his illustrations for the Little Bear Series will always have a special place in my heart.  I remember reading these endearing books as a child but Little Bear became an integral part of life with the animated children’s television series. It was one of my son’s favorite program’s and I miss it running continuously in the background- what soothing sweetness and light it evoked.
Rest in peace, Maurice and when you see Kevvy, know you are with one of your biggest fans. J


 
(Kevvy and Emily a few years back with Little Bear playing)







2 comments:

Alicia Padrón said...

What a lovely post my sweet friend.. I did not know that Sendak was the illustrator of Little Bear! I do love that show too. The music was very soothing. I can still hear it.

xoxo

roz said...

Yes he was and you're so right, the music was so well suited. LOVED it. Great memories. xoox