Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Fanstastic Undersea Life of Jacques Cousteau

 
Last week I blogged about a book I bought for my kids while at the NESCBWI conference. This week I'm sharing the book trailer for a book I picked out just for me. The Fantastic Undersea Life of Jacques Cousteau has caught my eye for a long time. Given how excited I was about attending Dan Yaccarino's workshop, I thought it was a fitting treat. (By the way, his workshop did NOT disappoint and truly helped my picture book dummy revisions) But back to the book...
It's a gorgeously illustrated book. I love the airbrushed gradations combined with his usual flat gouache. The graphic simplicity of the images appeals to smaller kids, and the copious written details about Jacques Cousteau's life and achievements can be edited by the adult reader to suit a range of ages.

1 comment:

Jon Davis said...

This looks very interesting, thanks ever so much for posting about it. My daughter loves the Octonauts, and we've shown her a few clips of Jacques Cousteau on youtube as well, so this looks like it may go down well.
Fab artwork, so I'll enjoy it too :)