Monday, March 12, 2012

March Highlights

I've been on a bit of a hiatus from the PBJunkies blog, working on a bunch of projects that literally took over my life. Didn't leave much time for blogging! It's great to be back and I've got lots of books and work to share with you over the next months.


Here is a small assignment I did for Highlights High Five Magazine last year. It's in the current March issue. This was an English/Spanish story, so the illustrations had to be quite literal.

For some reason I attract projects that have dogs in them. I'm happy about that as I really love dogs. My own dog Mack is such a great resource for me with all his antics and expressions.

Next week I'll be blogging about my latest picture book that will be released in September. The publisher is allowing me to "blog away" about it, so I will be able to show you lots of art and talk about the process. And the story takes place in a dog park!

3 comments:

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

I love this so much! Your art is so happy Macdeb... :o)

Deb said...

Thanks Ali.....happy art - I like that :)

Mai Kemble said...

both the little girl and the dog are my favorite... super cute!