Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Beastly Book of Twisted Tales

Late last year I gave a copy of My Beastly Book of Twisted Tales to my talented 7 year old niece, Lauren. She always impresses me with her passion and creativity, so I knew she would enjoy it. I would have loved this as a child, and I really applaud OwlKids and Berengere Delaporte for making such a beautiful book. The quality, imagination, and variety is top-notch. Kathy Weller reviewed the book last year - you can read about it here.

I've included scans from a few of my favorite pages. Lauren used black pen throughout most of the book, and her style was so similar to the artist, that I colorized her work blue to distinguish it.

I think she's captured this brilliantly. I honestly do a double-take on this page every time.

Looks like a genie to me! And in proportion too - I would have drawn right off the top of the page at this age.
And last, but not least. I like how she made twins, rather than a mash-up of the two. Thank you for sharing your work with us, Lauren! We can't wait to feature your first book someday!

4 comments:

Julie Hedlund said...

You are right - these are amazing! What a great little artist.

Patti said...

LOVE these!

Alicia Padrón said...

WoW Lauren you are so talented!! Little mermaid and Captain Hook's baby is just brilliant! Way to go, keep at it. You are really, really good! :o)

Loved this post Ggina :oD

Bérengère said...

Bravo !
It's very nice !