Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Ballad of Valentine



I wanted to share a book that I absolutely adore, entitled, "The Ballad of Valentine" written by Alison Jackson and illustrated by one of my favorites, Tricia Tusa.

Tricia's loose, old fashioned water color style is the perfect accompaniment to this tale about Valentine and her "beau" who misses the mark repeatedly as he tries to proclaim his love for her.


Read or sing along (to the tune of "My Darling Clementine") as Valentine goes about her day doing chores while her secret admirer is also hard at work using more and more imaginitive ways to reach her. How do they ultimately meet? You'll have to read to find out! True love always finds a way.

Happy Valentine's Day!!

1 comment:

Phyllis Harris said...

I LOVE, love, LOVE Tricia Tusa!!!!! She is one of my very favorites!