Thursday, November 17, 2011

What I'm Working On


For the sparse amount of free time I've had this is the most productive I've felt in at least a year! I've been loving the PiBoIdMo challenge this year. Not only the amazing posts from all the guest authors and illustrators (thank you Tara Lazar!) but the actual results! Halfway through the challenge and I'm going strong. I feel like once I took the pressure off myself to finish certain goals, the ideas are just flowing out for the challenge. I know hard work is ahead when I try to revisit these ideas and write picture book drafts, but I'm looking forward to picking from so many different directions.
I'm also happily working away in my Sketchbook Project. Another place that I've just let loose without worrying too much about the results. I really have been missing out by not painting in my sketchbooks. It's really quite freeing!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Good for you Gina! I find working on your own personal goals and art can take a lot more discipine than if you have a client with a deadline....kudos to you for going for it and having so much fun. :) Love your little hummer.....

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

LOVE the little guy Ggina!!! :o)

I think is wonderful you are painting. I know it's hard with a little one and a baby.. you go girl!