Friday, October 21, 2011

Vintage Hello Kitty

True confessions! I'm a Sanrio nut, and I'm particularly fond of little miss kitty herself, Hello Kitty.

I was a first generation Sanrio addict. The year HK broke in America coincided with my early childhood full-commercial-saturation years, and we met at just the right time to form a life-long friendship! Back then, I lived in Los Angeles which was one of the major North American geographical hubs of trends in the days way before the internet. Back then, trends took on average about a year to travel from L.A. all the way to the North East (where I reside now). It was a different world back then!

Just wanted to hare some classic Hello Kitty and Sanrio fun with you today.

Hello Kitty History

House of Kitty blog

Hello Kitty Junkie blog

1 comment:

Deb said...

Wow, didn't realize Hello Kitty went all the way back to 1974!