Friday, August 26, 2011

Vet Volunteers series by Laurie Halse Anderson


Seeing that I've been posting my pet art all week on my blog, I thought this was a perfect time to give a shout out to a really fun chapter book series,  Laurie Halse Anderson's Vet Volunteers.  I have only read one of these thus far, but I enjoyed the first one so very much, I want to read every single one,. They are fun to read, but they are not dumbed down at all— they tell serious pet-in-distress stories. We get to experience each "case" from the inside out, and we get to live the story along with the characters.

I 'discovered' Halse Anderson way after she'd become an hugely successful, award winning, and established author of bestselling young adult literature such as Twisted and Wintergirls. I saw her speak at the 2008 NESCBWI conference, and that was the first time I'd heard of her. (Surprising to me now!) WHAT a Keynote she gave. Someday, I'll have to tell you about it. Amazing, and she brought down the house.

Check out ALL of Laurie Halse Anderson's books, here and on Amazon.

No comments: