Wednesday, February 23, 2011

When you least expect it


About 3 years ago, I was driving my daughter to school when she started singing a made up song. She does that every now and then, it's one of the things I love most about her. I recall her saying this cute little name she made up: Swirly Pearly. I immediately wrote it down because I knew it was one of those things I didn't want to let go.

Yesterday while I was working like crazy with a looming deadline I decided I needed a little break. So I grabbed a piece of scrap paper, doodled and this little girl appeared on my page.

It took me about 3 seconds to realize it was her, Swirly Pearly!
I am pretty sure she will be appearing a lot in my sketchbooks from now on and hopefully will have her own stories to tell someday. :o)



8 comments:

Casey G. said...

Aww this is so happy and joyous :) inspiration when you least expect it is magical.

Ирина Еръ said...

She is so cute)) Very nice story))

Alicia Padrón said...

Thanks Casey! Yes, don't you love it when that happens? :o)


Thanks.. you! Hee.. I don't think I can type my n's backwards. :o)

Laurie L Young said...

Adorable! I can't wait to see her stories! :D

Heidi M said...

she is a delight to look at, lovely character :0D

Alicia Padrón said...

Aw thanks Laurie! I will really try to make the time and write about her. Hugs! :o)


Thanks Heidi! Glad you like her. My favorite feature on her is her hair. Made me happy just to to draw it.

Ann Pilicer said...

What a great story and what a adorable character that came out of it! I look forward to seeing more of her! :)

Alicia Padrón said...

Thanks so much Ann! :o)