Thursday, July 15, 2010

Where's my pencil? Inspired by Peter McCarty

We've had a few quiet weeks with Hondo & Fabian, for nap and bedtime reading. And of course the lovely sequel, Fabian Escapes. There he is above, making a break from the baby.

When you look long and hard at these beautiful pictures, you'll probably itch for your pencil like me. But lush graphite softness aside, these are wonderful stories for even the littlest readers. I need to go pick up Peter McCarty's latest book - something a little lighter stylistically: Henry in Love Go visit Peter's website for a lovely history of his career, told in a very personal tone. Much like his books.

1 comment:

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

These pictures are so incredibly beautiful Gina.. not to mention soothing. I looked for these books today at B&N and couldn't find them. I'll keep looking though.
Thanks for sharing. :o)