Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tip of the Day

Here's a tip which worked for me when I most needed it: BACK UP your hard drive, continually!!

I personally encountered hard drive failure last week. I'd never before had one just up-and-die on me, no real warning signs to speak of. Well as they say, there's a first time for everything!

Luckily, I back up my work constantly, using Time Machine, a back-up application integrated into Mac's OS. If you set it up with a designated external, it runs all the time in the background, backing up files in a "snapshot after snapshot" type of way. Once the external is full, it backs up over the oldest "snapshot". It is a life-saver and I cannot recommend it enough! :)

1 comment:

roz said...

What a relief you had yourself protected! I finally installed a back up system for myself. I'm on a pc so I ordered "memeo autosync".
Works really well so far!