Monday, March 17, 2008

Theme- Lesson Learned


One of the major lessons I've learned so far is to make sure to know the amount of "bleed" a client wants for their final art. I had to learn the hard way not to make assumptions.

I was working on a project a couple of years ago where I wasn't given the bleed measurements but decided to go with the general 1/4'' . WRONGO.
It turned out that they needed 1/2 inch bleed all the way around and it made for a nightmare project since I work with felt. The AD was very stressed , insisting that she had sent me the bleed requirements that I hadn't followed.

Had she? No.

I didn't make an issue of it because I felt that I should have contacted her when I didn't receive the info. More importantly, I would have had an email trail to fall back on if there was a conflict.
Now I make sure to do this if it isn't provided. Most often I'm told , "Oh, just a 1/4" will be fine", but I don't want to take it for granted after that experience.

Lesson Learned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ug. why do some lessons have to be learned the hard way? thanks for sharing, roz!

teri

roz said...

Funny, isn't it?
I feel like I really grow more from adversity but it's not any fun.
=o/