Friday, March 28, 2008

Once upon a time...

Once upon a time... there was a little girl who wished everyday for a puppy. Finally her parents thought it was time and took the little girl to the breeders to choose one. She sat on the grass and a whole bunch a happy little puppies came bouncing with joy and that's when she noticed a little chubby one peeking behind a water bowl... he looked so sweet and shy. She went to him and he slowly sat on the the girl's lap and it was love at first site right then.

Ok, ok.. the little girl is me ;o) and the puppy was Sam, a yellow Lab, my first dog. He lived with me and slept by the foot of my bed up until I was all grown up and left the house. He will always be my special dog, no matter how many others come after him.

4 comments:

patrice barton said...

Awwww...this is lovely! Great story too, and your painting captures it all!

Alicia Padrón said...

Thanks Patty :o)

Anonymous said...

patrice, i typed AWWWWW right away too--then saw your comment. :)

alicia, he is precious. love how he is so tiny next to that big bowl. and the shadow.

teri

Alicia Padrón said...

Thank you Teri! This illustration came from a special place in my heart :o)