Sunday, October 7, 2007

Weekly Theme: "Pets"



We've always been "cat people". Especially my husband and son. I would love a dog, but I'm all alone in this desire. When my son was a baby, this was a common sight:



Cats have been a staple in my illustrations. I add them in like accents, a room seems more complete with a cat draped over something, or curled up underneath someone's feet. I have a cat, named Hank, who keeps me company when I paint. He's my constant companion, we are the only two night owls in this house. The world seems a happier place with pets in it.



I was thrilled when Harcourt asked me to illustrate a reader about a fat cat named Max. I've been practicing my whole life for this one, I thought!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow the illustrations are stunning! Seriously great work. . .

And your son is just adorable!

Roberta said...

Laura, your work is lovely!

Anonymous said...

I love the cat illustration!! We are cat people here, no dogs allowed I say!!! Although they are outside they are still fun to have around!!

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

This is lovely Laura, as ususal :o)
Love those pictures of your cat. He's so cute. I agree with you, it's a great feeling to share our lives with animals..I couldn't live without mine..they are always around me and give me such peace..