Tuesday, July 31, 2007

PotLuck

Just got back from our family vacation to California and still trying to get myself back in a routine.

We spent three days in Disneyland and had a ball! Last year, I posted on my blog about my Eeyore watch created from original art. Although I didn't manage to meet Ted Davis personally last year (the artist) by happenstance I did this time around.




I struck up a conversation with him while he was working on a Donald Duck piece and then showed him my watch saying how much I was enjoying the artwork/watch I bought last year. He took a look at it and said, "Oh, that's one of mine".
Needless to say he had a gushing fan on his hands for the next five minutes. =o)
(I want that sign above his head for my studio)


This year, I found a vendor in "Adventure land" doing caricatures and pen/ink renderings of park attractions. I chose this piece and love it:



I didn't meet Crystal, the artist that did this painting but maybe next time! You just never know.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Great story!! I love that sign!

roz said...

Thanks Kathy!
I'll have to see if the Mister can make me something like it at some point.