Thursday, July 5, 2007

Back to the Drawing Board


This was a quick, simple, little illustration of a puppy...no wait...

This was a simple, little illustration of a puppy...not quite...

This was a little illustration of a puppy...okay fine...

This little dog took me FOREVER!

I don't know why, but sometimes I just get stuck and have to start over...and over...and over.

Now, when that happens, I give myself 20 minutes to make progress. If I can't move forward, I move on to another illustration or just step away from my desk. After a quick walk with Clara (my dog) to the mailbox or a nice, hot cup of tea, I'm ready to try again with a fresh perspective. The background in this illustration shows just some of my gazillion attempts to draw this quick, simple, little illustration of a puppy.

No comments: