Sunday, June 24, 2007

Weekly Theme: “Whistle While You Work”


I love to listen to music or audiobooks while I work, they really keep me engaged. Hours can pass in what seem like minutes. Sometimes I can’t wait to get back to painting just so I can finish a chapter, or hear a certain cd. Here are some favorites I’ve listened to recently:

Audiobooks:

Life of Pi
Yann Martel (so imaginative and spiritual, one of the best things I’ve “read” in years--and this is the illustrator in me talking, but isn't that some of the most beautiful cover art you've ever seen? (illustrated by Andy Bridge)
Atonement
Ian McEwan (Brilliant. Whatever piece I was working on at the time probably has some salty tears mixed in with the watercolor.)

CD’s:
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Neutral Milk Hotel
Sky Blue Sky
Wilco (their new cd, it’s fabulous)
John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman
self-titled (this has been a favorite of mine for many years and will melt your heart)

No comments: