Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Will Terry


A few years ago, my kid's favorite board game was, "1313 Dead End Drive".

I originally bought it for them because I was so taken by the artwork. Loved the rich tones and play of light and shadow which worked so well with the theme of the game (the game is really fun, btw).

By a happy accident, I discovered that this artist has a strong online presence with a great blog, website and videos. His name is Will Terry and if you follow illustration blogs, you may already be familiar with this talented illustrator. Look at how his works "glows". So yummy.

Since I posted an AI video last week, I was excited when Will posted an Adobe Photoshop video this week.

Check it out, along with Will's blog and children's books available.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Wow, Roz! Thanks for posting this. I love watching people paint and use photoshop. I was noticing he did that whole painting on one layer...yikes! Very cool art.

Debbie Meyer said...

This was so awesome!!! I love Will Terry's work, and this was such a treat to see. Just when I thought it was perfect the way it was, he added something and it was even more fabulous. Thanks for sharing, Roz. :)

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Oh my goodness what a fantastic video Rozzie! Thanks for posting this. :o)

roz said...

Yes, isn't it awesome? If you read the comments to the blog post on his site that goes along with this video, you'll see he generously shares what brushes he uses, etc.
Great talent! Deb I know- one layer! I'm scared to share how many layers I usually end up with. hahaha!

Will said...

Hi Guys,

I wish I had seen this back in March! What a wonderful compliment! Thank you for posting my work on your blog.

I love your blog! What a great resource - so much great stuff! Keep it up!